Cushioned anti-fatigue matting reduces the risk of fatigue or static posture often caused by standing for long periods of time. Anti-fatigue mats are recommended by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety to reduce worker fatigue and absorb shock.
PharmaSystems’ is proud to offer a variety of matting to fit your company’s unique needs and budgetary requirements. Ranging from economy grade to deluxe, for use in every day production or retail to USP797 compliant sterile cleanroom environments, we have the solutions to help improve comfort, productivity, and morale.
When selecting a mat, consider the following:
- Customization – do you require a standard size mat, or are there site-specific dimension requirements?
- Most mats have a standard width and fully-customizable length (up to 60′)
- Some mats can be customized by shape, length and width
- Anti-slip properties – will the mat be used for high-traffic areas, or for a stationary worker?
- safety round edges available on economy-grade matting
- safety beveled edges available on medium-grade matting
- molded ramps on all 4 sides on deluxe-grade matting
- The life expectancy of the mat – this will vary dramatically depending on factors such as: shifts per day, foot traffic, exposure to oils or chemicals, excessive temperatures, and maintenance. The life expectancy listed on our website and in our catalogue is a guide based on a general summary of what our customers experience
- Urethane mats have a life expectancy of 5+ years
- Diamond plate and anti-microbial tile-top mats have a life expectancy of 3-5 years
- Molded rubber mats have a life expectancy of 2-3 years
- PVC sponge mats have a life expectancy of 6-12 months
- Temperature Range
- Standard: -17 – 43° C (0-110° F)
- Urethane ideal for extreme high or extreme low temperatures: -45 – 121° C (-50 – 250° F)
- Tabor Abrasion – how well the surface withstands wear, the less weight lost the more durable the product
- Coefficient of Friction – degree of traction provided
- OSHA recommends .5 in dry areas
- Compression Deflection – the softness or comfort level
- ideal range is considered .20-.50; measured by percentage or rating @ 35 psi
- Aesthetics – colour options
- PVC sponges of light to medium industrial applications
- 100% grease-proof nitrile rubber (latex-free, non-porous) for UPS 797 compliant sterile cleanroom envrionments
- Anti-Microbial Nitrile Infused Sponge provides inhibits the growth of contaminants